Audi's new seven-speed semi-auto gearbox
- Semi-auto seven-speed later this year
- Available for A4, A5 and Q5 models
- Updated gearbox also for TT and A3
- Audi to miss London Show
- First look: Audi A7 cabriolet
- Fastest Audi TT breaks cover
- Audi's 493bhp diesel supercar
- Security award for Audi
- Audi A4 gets two new entry-level models
- Audi plans eco-revolution
- First image: Audi TTRS
- RS6 Avant: high performance, high cost
- Audi confirms TTS pricing
- First details: Audi A4 Avant
- Audi TT gets first diesel engine
- Audi A3 Cabriolet prices revealed
- What Car? TV podcast: March 11
Audi will introduce an updated high-speed semi-automatic gearbox to its A4, A5 and Q5 ranges later this year.
The S tronic gearbox currently has six speeds and is only available in TT and A3 models, but a new, more compact seven-speed version has been developed that will also fit in a wider range of cars,.
The gearbox can be operated in Drive, Sport and Manual modes, and gearchanges take just hundredths of a second, which improves performance and economy.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe