Cadillac CTS-V sets track record
- Saloon laps Nurburgring in record time
- Powered by 542bhp 6.2-litre V8 engine
- Scheduled to go on sale in UK next year
- What Car? checklists
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- Detroit motor show 2008
- Cadillac BLS' price parity
- Cadillac's right-hand-drive flagship
- Service savings on your doorstep
- What Car? guide to... complaining
- Euro NCAP tests explained
- What Car? guide to... towing
- What Car? test: Child seats
- Are accidents written in the stars?
Cadillac claims its Cadillac CTS-V has broken the production saloon lap record around the famed Nurburgring race circuit in Germany.
The CTS-V is powered by a 542bhp 6.2-litre V8 petrol engine, and lapped the 13-mile track in 7min 59.32sec, according to the American company.
However, that's still almost 40 seconds short of the outright production car record, set this year by a Nissan GT-R.
The CTS-V is scheduled to go on sale in the UK early next year.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe