Citroen C-Crosser gets petrol engine
- C-Crosser 4x4 gets 2.4 petrol engine
- Continuously variable transmission available
- Costs from £19,995; on sale now
- Citroen's new Berlingo for the summer
- New look and more power for C8
- Citroen launches C4 Picasso Lounge
- Citroen to use BMW engines
- Citroen launches limited C2, C3 and C4s
- Peugeot and Citroen's low-CO2 engines
- Citroen's road tax offer
- Readers Test Team: Accord and C5 estates
- Citroen C5 Tourer: prices released
- Citroen revises C2, C3 and C3 Pluriel
- Peugeot, Citroen and Mitsubishi team up
- Citroen C-Cactus at London show
Citroen has added a new engine to its C-Crosser 4x4 range.
The 2.4-litre petrol engine develops 168bhp and comes with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).
The five-speed gearbox is standard on VTR trim. Models with this gearbox manage 30.1mpg on average and emit 225g/km of carbon dioxide, putting them in the second-most-expensive car tax band F, costing £210 a year. The VTR's top speed is 124mph and its 0-62mph time is 9.2sec.
The CVT is standard on VTR+ and Exclusive trims, and offers a slight improvement in average fuel economy at 30.4mpg. Carbon dioxide emissions are marginally lower, too, at 222g/km, but the cars are still in tax band F. Top speed is 121mph and the 0-62 mph time is 10.4sec.
The CVT has steering wheel-mounted paddles to allow the driver to change gear manually, and there's a 'Sport Mode' function that lets the engine rev higher for faster acceleration.
C-Crossers with the new engine are on sale now.
VTR 2.4i manual £19,995
VTR+ 2.4i CVT £22,495
Exclusive 2.4i CVT £25,195
• Toyota has also upgraded the Verso T-Spirit to include dark-tinted rear privacy glass as standard.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe