Clio Cup racer for the road
- 205bhp racer for the road
- Based on Clio Renaultsport 197
- Prices expected to be around £27,000
- Extreme Renault Clio 197 set for UK
- Sportier Renault Clio 197 is here
- No recall from Renault on Clio bonnets
- Renault denies Clio bonnet faults
- Whistle-blower calls for Clio recall
- Renault responds to whistle-blower claim
- Sharper Clio Renaultsport for £17,250
- Young drivers and insurance - the facts
- Clio bonnets: petition for recall review
- Renault lifts lid on the Cup
Renault will sell its 205bhp Clio Cup racing car for use on the road.
The car was created for use in a one-make racing championship that supports the British Touring Car Championship.
It is based on the Clio Renaultsport 197.
However, the racing car has a 205bhp 2.0-litre engine, features special suspension for improved handling and has been stripped out to save weight.
Although a maximum of 38 cars can race at each meeting, more than 60 have been sold in the UK.
Many of these have been bought by driving enthusiasts for use at track days, and this popularity has prompted Renault's decision to sell the car for road use.
The car is currently being put through its SVA (Single Vehicle Approval) test so that it can be used on the road.
Modifications to make it road-legal include larger wing mirrors and the fitting of standard seat belts.
Prices have not been released, but the racing car sells for £22,500 plus VAT.
An on-sale date is expected to be announced imminently.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe