Face-lifted Mazda MX-5 details
- New look
- Cleaner engines
- Tweaked chassis
- What Car? checklists
- JD Power customer satisfaction poll '08
- Pictured: face-lifted Mazda MX-5
- I'm a celebrity… get me a car
- Used car buying guide: Mazda MX-5
- Used car lowdown: Cute convertibles
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- Mazda's high-tech, low-cost catalyst
- What Car? Car of the Year awards 2009
- Grab a bargain - the best car deals ever
The face-lifted Mazda MX-5 will cost from £16,345 when it goes on sale in April - £205 less than the outgoing model.
It has a mildly redesigned front and rear, and a lightly restyled interior.
Power outputs from the petrol engines remain the same. There is a 125bhp 1.8-litre and a 158bhp 2.0-litre.
The lower-powered unit emits 167g/km of CO2, down from 174g/km before. The 2.0-litre engine emits 177g/km of CO2, down from 183g/km.
Cars with the six-speed manual gearbox come with a system called an Induction Sound Enhancer, which Mazda says makes the engine sound more exciting.
The chassis has also been tweaked to improve the car's handling.
Buyers of the 2.0-litre car also have the option of a six-speed paddle-shift auto called Powershift.
The folding hard-top Roadster Coupe now costs from £18,345 and gets a different grille to differentiate it from the roadster.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe