Fastest-ever Mini revealed
- John Cooper Works Hatch and Clubman models
- 207bhp from 1.6-litre engine
- On sale in July
- Mini resurrects Clubman name
- Mini Clubman appears undisguised
- Major Mini improvements on the way
- Young drivers and insurance - the facts
- Are you being served?
- Mini spawns an estate
- Mini prices new Clubman
- More power for Mini Cooper S
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- What Car? Best Buys
- Detroit motor show 2008
- Car of the Year 2008
- BMW and Mini scoop green gong
- Citroen to use BMW engines
Mini has revealed its hottest-ever model, which has 207bhp and travels from 0-62mph in 6.5 seconds.
The latest John Cooper Works-tuned cars, which will be available on the Hatch and Clubman models, also feature uprated brakes, suspension and strengthened gearing to cope with the extra power.
A Sports mode is available to extract maximum performance from the 1.6-litre engine, changing the engine mapping for a top speed of 148mph and pulling power of 192lb ft of pulling on both models.
The Hatch model emits 165g/km of carbon dioxide and manages 40.9mpg, while the Clubman model, which has a slightly slower 0-62mph time of 6.8sec, emits 167g/km of CO2 and records 40.4mpg.
Other features include a leather sports steering wheel, air-conditioning, an upgraded 10-speaker stereo system and 17-inch alloy wheels.
Both Mini John Cooper Works and Mini John Cooper Works Clubman models will go on sale in July, priced from £20,500 and £21,700 respectively.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe