Ferrari California: official pictures
- California name confirmed
- First official pictures
- Greenest Ferrari yet
- Ferrari 430 Scuderia on show
- What Car? video podcast: July 31
- What Car? checklists
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- What Car? TV: Buying a used Ferrari
- Detroit motor show 2008
- Ferrari's approved used car scheme
- Car of the Year 2008
- Ferrari waiting list up to three years
- Italian police bust fake Ferrari ring
- Geneva motor show 2008
- Service savings on your doorstep
- What Car? guide to... complaining
- Euro NCAP tests explained
- Traffic fumes increase death rates
- First drive: Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- What Car? test: Child seats
- Are accidents written in the stars?
These are the first official pictures of Ferrari's newest model – and it has been confirmed that it will be called the California.
The California has a folding metal hard top and is powered by a 453bhp 4.3-litre V8 engine that Ferrari says will take the car from 0-62mph in less than four seconds. The car will feature a seven-speed semi-automatic gearbox and be rear-wheel-drive.
The engine is also Ferrari's cleanest yet, although kaftan-clad hippies won't be hugging the gates at Maranello, as it still emits 310g/km of carbon dioxide.
The seating arrangement is described a '2+', which means it will offer a little more practicality than a traditional two-seater.
Performance ceramic brakes will be fitted as standard, as will traction control, which has been developed from the F430’s “F1-Trac” system.
The car will be officially unveiled at the Paris motor show in October.
Prices haven’t been announced, but are expected to be around £150,000.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe