Fiat 500 tops supermini poll
- Fiat 500 beats Mini Cooper and Renault Twingo
- 55% vote in favour of Italian supermini
- Whatcar.com readers give their opinions
- What Car? Q&A
- Reborn after 50 years: the Fiat 500
- A Twingo and a prayer
- Major Mini improvements on the way
- Fiat 500: Chic and cheerful
- New smart website for Fiat
- What Car? Recommends
- Quality 'on the up', says Renault
- Green cars more sexy than 4x4s
- Mini prices new Clubman
- More power for Mini Cooper S
- Four-wheel-steering system for Renaults
- Cars for kids: choosing the right car
- Frankfurt motor show 2007
- Reader test team and the Fiat 500
- Six new cars for under £6000
- £42k for Fiat 500
- Tokyo motor show
- Fiat 500 - yours from £7900
- Is Fiat 500 mania coming to the UK?
Fiat's 500 has defeated the Mini Cooper and Renault Twingo in the battle for whatcar.com readers' affections.
Last week, Fiat revealed that its 500 will cost from £7900 when it goes on sale in January. The Mini costs from £13,025 and the Twingo from £8375.
As a result, we asked readers which of the stylish superminis they would choose.
The Fiat 500 proved the overwhelming winner, attracting 55% of the vote, compared to the Mini's 37% and Twingo's 8%.
'The new Fiat 500 demonstrates, if you didn't already know, just how over-priced the Mini is. I hope that Fiat will be able to keep up with demand for the 500.'
'Fiat 500, per favore! Style, substance – and sexy!'
'The Fiat 500 looks the business.'
'I am a Mini owner, but at those prices you have to give the Fiat 500 a second look.'
'I've just sold my Punto in favour of a Mini One. The Mini has a better ride, feels much more solid, is a better drive, feels higher quality and is made in Britain. I doubt the Panda-based 500 will be that much better than the Punto.'
'The Mini is still a British icon, despite its German owners. It may be expensive, but it is unique.'
Michael J Long
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe