First details: Audi A4 Avant
- Class-leading luggage space
- V6 cars get four-wheel-drive as standard
- On sale in UK from March
- How to... upgrade your car's stereo
- Next Audi A4 revealed
- Audi reveals new A4
- Frankfurt motor show 2007
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- iPod car adaptors won't work for iPhone
- Star cars of 2008 - part 2
- Star cars of 2008 - part 1
- Star cars of 2008 - part 3
- Star cars of 2008 - part 4
- Audi to miss London Show
- Car of the Year 2008
- Security award for Audi
- Audi A4 gets two new entry-level models
- RS6 Avant: high performance, high cost
- What Car? Recommends
This is the A4 Avant, which Audi says has more luggage space than any of its rivals.
With the seats down, the new A4 Avant has 1430 litres of luggage space, edging it ahead of similarly sized cars such as the BMW 3 Series (1385 litres) and Cadillac BLS estate (1273 litres).
Engines include 1.8-litre and 3.2-litre V6 petrols, and 2.0-litre and 3.0-litre diesels.
The V6 cars come with quattro four-wheel drive as standard.
The 1.8 has a 0-62mph time of 8.9sec and a top speed of 135mph, while the 3.2-litre V6 hits 62mph in 6.4sec and is limited to 155mph.
Other mechanical parts such as the suspension are shared with the A4 saloon.
Order books for the Avant will open in March, with the first deliveries in June. Prices are expected to begin from £22,500.
The car will be shown for the first time at the Geneva motor show.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe