Ford adds new top trim to Mondeo range
- Called Titanium X Sport
- Features new 2.2-litre diesel
- From £23,355
- Ford £6.5 billion in the red
- Ford's new Mondeo up close
- Ford releases new Mondeo prices
- Reader test team meets the Mondeo
- Can Ford fight off depreciation?
- On the road with the Mondeo's Godfather
- JD Power Survey 2007
- Mondeo ST could make a comeback
- Are you being served?
- This week on What Car? TV
- What Car? checklists
- Active suspension for Ford Mondeo
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- Long wait for diesel Mondeos
- Mondeo Man is most likely to speed
- Detroit motor show 2008
- Car of the Year 2008
- Biofuels: are they sustainable?
- Geneva motor show 2008
- Fords are not to be sneezed at
- iPod-ready cars
- Service savings on your doorstep
- Guide to... Child seats
- What Car? guide to... complaining
- Euro NCAP tests explained
- What Car? guide to... towing
- What Car? test: Child seats
- Insignia v Mondeo: what you think
Ford has added a new flagship model to its Mondeo range, called the Titanium X Sport.
It is available in five-door hatchback and estate body styles, and has 18-inch alloys, twin chrome exhausts and body-coloured side skirts.
Inside, features include red stitching on the leather seats and a leather-covered steering wheel and gearknob.
There is a choice of two engines: the existing 216bhp 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol or a new 172bhp 2.2-litre diesel.
The diesel accelerates from 0-62mph in 8.4secs and has a top speed of 139mph. It averages 45.6mpg and emits 165g/km of carbon dioxide.
Standard equipment includes a six-CD player, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, front and rear park assist, dual-zone climate control and a start button.
Upgrades over the standard Titanium include advanced Bluetooth connectivity, bi-xenon lights, alloy pedals and sports suspension.
Prices start from £23,355 for the five-door model and £26,605 for the estate.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe