Full details: VW Golf Plus
- On sale next Spring
- Cleaner petrol and diesel engines
- Styling mirrors new VW Golf Mk VI
- VW stops orders for 120bhp 1.4 TSI Golf
- Extra-hot Golf GTI Pirelli is back
- New Golf: behind the scenes
- Attention VW Golf buyers!
- New VW Golf gets charity debut
- VW Golf: more details
- VW Golf concept car emits 99g/km
- First drive: Volkswagen Golf
- It's here: new VW Golf GTI
- Be first to see new VW Golf GTI
- What Car? TV: Volkswagen Golf GTI
- For sale: David Beckham's old Golf
- Save £1000s with the hottest car deals
Here is the new Volkswagen Golf Plus, which goes on sale next spring.
It has just been unveiled at the Bologna motor show and has been revised to fall in line with the new Golf Mk VI hatchback, which goes on sale in January.
The only confirmed petrol engine is a 120bhp 1.4-litre unit that is expected to average 44.8mpg and emit 146g/km of carbon dioxide.
Diesel engines will be available producing between 89bhp and 138bhp, although the only confirmed diesel is the 138bhp 2.0-litre unit that averages 55.4mpg and emits 135g/km of CO2.
The engines will be linked to either a five- or six-speed manual or six- or seven-speed DSG gearboxes.
Exterior changes from the previous model include a slightly lower ride height, newly designed roof rails, a redesigned bumper, and rear lights that use LED technology.
The interior of the car closely resembles that of the new Golf Mk VI, including new materials and instrument details. Volkswagen's ParkAssist system, which controls the steering while reverse parking, and a rear-view camera will both be offered as an option.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe