Honda mothballs thousands of cars
- 8000 cars in storage
- Room for another 7000, too
- Company suffered 20.95% drop in 2008
- Honda and Toyota's reputation greenest
- Honda cuts production
- Our cars: fleet update
- Used cars: Honda Jazz
- Honda Accord diesel gets auto gearbox
- Honda Insight's fuel economy wizard
- Honda to shut plant for two months
- First drive: Honda Civic Type S 1.4 SE
- Production Honda Insight pictured
- Honda pulls out of Formula 1
- Honda's environmental focus
- Honda Civic Hybrid stars with Keanu
- Pictured: UK-spec Honda Insight hybrid
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- Honda Insight hybrid: more details
- Detroit motor show on Whatcar.com
- Honda extends Swindon shutdown
- Our cars: updates January '09
Honda has created a giant car park at Southampton docks, as the recession-hit company mothballs thousands of unsold cars.
The manufacturer has been forced to rent extra space to park up to 8000 cars that have nowhere to go as car sales plummet.
Honda has rented 20 acres of storage at Southampton docks, but has provision to store a further 7000 Civics and CR-Vs at a nearby former RAF airfield.
A sharp decline in sales has forced the company to halt production during February and March at its nearby plant in South Marston, Wiltshire.
Honda experienced a drop in sales during 2008 of almost 21%.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe