Hottest VW Scirocco Studie R unveiled
- Concept car points to production version
- Unveiled at Bologna motor show
- Powered by a 266bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine
- VW's self-parking car
- First drive: Volkswagen Touareg R50
- VW's Eos roof reassurance
- First drive: VW Eos 1.4 TSI
- First drive: Volkswagen Passat R36
- First drive: VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140
- VW Golf concept car emits 99g/km
- VW Golf scores high in Euro NCAP test
- 140mpg Volkswagen
- VW Golf hybrid a reality
- What Car?'s X Factor: your vote counts!
This is the Volkswagen Scirocco Studie R, a hot version of the coupe that could become production reality by early 2010.
Unveiled at the Bologna motor show, it is powered by a 266bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine.
VW says the inspiration for the car's styling comes from the Scirocco GT24 that raced at the Nurburgring 24-hour race in the summer.
As a result it has three large air intakes to aid cooling, and a front splitter to prevent lift. A rear wing and revised, sportier bumper are also fitted.
It also has sports seats, sports suspension, uprated brakes and 19-inch alloy wheels. To add to the car's sporty looks, the interior features carbonfibre trim.
While many of the sporty details are expected to remain if the car reaches production, its look is still expected to be toned down slightly.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe