Hyundai to launch eight-seat MPV
- Room for eight adults
- On sale in June from £19,495
- Lower-priced model later this year
- What Car? checklists
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- Hyundai's MPV concept car
- Geneva motor show 2008
- iPod-ready cars
- Service savings on your doorstep
- Guide to... Child seats
- What Car? recommends...
- What Car? guide to... complaining
- Euro NCAP tests explained
- What Car? guide to... towing
- Traffic fumes increase death rates
- What Car? test: Child seats
- Are accidents written in the stars?
- JD Power customer satisfaction poll '08
- The in-car microwave
Hyundai will sell an eight-seater MPV from June, with prices starting from £19,495.
The i800 has a pair of seats in the front and two three-seat benches behind. Hyundai says the benches can comfortably accommodate three adults, and still leave 851 litres of boot space.
Both rear benches have 60:40 split/folding seatbacks and recline, and the centre row also slides forwards or backwards so that occupants can tailor space as required. All of the rear seats are accessed by pair of sliding doors.
The i800 is powered by a 167bhp 2.5-litre diesel engine with 289 lb ft of pulling power. It averages 33.2mpg.
Features include alloy wheels, a two-tone interior trim, privacy glass, a six-speaker audio system and all-round air-conditioning. Stability and traction control are fitted as standard.
The i800 will be covered by a five-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
A lower-powered, lower-specification version of the i800 will go on sale later this year.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe