Jaguar: 'Judge us on our products'
- Jaguar boss Mike O'Driscoll says company is strong
- Says Government's financial help doesn't mean a crisis
- New engines demonstrate world-leading technology
- Our cars: Hello to Jaguar XF
- Our Cars: Jaguar XF update
- Our cars: Jaguar XF update
- Our cars: Jaguar XF stereo reviewed
- Our cars: Jaguar XF fuel economy
- EU agrees new car emissions deal
- Jaguar XJ gets cleaner diesel
- Jaguar XF 2.7D V6: our cars on the road
- Jaguar Land Rover's £1 billion bail-out
- What the papers say: January 5
- No extra cost for Jaguar's new diesel
Jaguar's boss Mike O'Driscoll has urged people to judge the company on its products and not on Jaguar Land Rover's plea for a state bail-out.
O'Driscoll was speaking at a briefing on the company's two new 3.0-litre V6 diesel engines, which deliver improved performance and economy over the current 2.7 diesel.
Read more on the engines by clicking on
Jaguar's clean, powerful new diesel
Jaguar will also unveil new V8 petrol engines at the Detroit motor show next week, as well as significant updates to two of its model ranges.
'We're in the middle of remaking Jaguar and we have a super future ahead of us,' said O'Driscoll.
'We are turning into an exclusive luxury car maker, building sporting saloons and sports cars. We are not trying to create a company that's enormous in terms of sales volumes. Our focus is on quality rather than quantity.
'Judge us by the products we are bringing to the market.'
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe