Jaguar XF costs from £33,900
- Four engine options
- Three trim levels
- First models ready for March 2008
Jaguar's new XF will cost from £33,900.
That compares with the current S-type saloon, which is available from £29,085.
The company's new luxury saloon has four engine options: a 2.7-litre V6 diesel or 3.0-litre V6, 4.2-litre V8 non-supercharged and 4.2-litre V8 supercharged petrols.
• 2.7-litre V6 dieselThis twin-turbo diesel has 205bhp and travels from 0-60mph in 7.7sec, with a top speed of 143mph.
• 3.0-litre V6 petrol With 240bhp, this engine propels the XF from 0-60mph in 7.9sec and on to a top speed of 148mph.
• 4.2-litre V8 non-supercharged petrolThe standard 4.2 V8 produces 300bhp and will take the car from 0-60mph in 6.2sec, with a top speed of 155mph.
• 4.2-litre V8 supercharged petrolThe addition of a supercharger boosts power to 420bhp, taking the XF from 0-60mph in 5.1sec and on to a top speed of 155mph.
All engines come with a six-speed automatic gearbox with steering wheel-mounted paddles for manual gear selection.
The XF comes in three trim levels: Luxury, Premium Luxury and SV8.
Luxury is available on the 2.7-litre diesel and 3.0-litre petrol models. Features include electrically adjustable leather seats, a colour touch-screen display, sat-nav, a six-disc CD player, rear parking aid, 17-inch alloy wheels and climate control.
Premium Luxury is available with the 2.7-litre diesel, and 3.0-litre and non-supercharged V8 petrol models.
Costing an additional £3600, Premium Luxury features additional adjustment for the seats, 18-inch alloy wheels, an improved sound system and heated windscreen.
The SV8 specification is available only on the 4.2-litre supercharged model. Additional features include heated and cooled front seats, 20-inch alloy wheels, improved headlamps and computer-controlled suspension.
The car is available to order now, but showrooms will have the first examples in early 2008 and the first deliveries will be on March 1, 2008.
Luxury 2.7-litre V6 diesel £33,900
Luxury 3.0-litre V6 petrol £33,900
Premium Luxury 2.7-litre V6 diesel £37,500
Premium Luxury 3.0-litre V6 petrol £37,500
Premium Luxury 4.2-litre V8 petrol (non-supercharged) £45,500
SV8 4.2-litre V8 petrol (supercharged) £54,900
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe