Mini cuts 90 more workers
- 380 agency staff axed in total
- Late shift also scrapped
- Mini sales down 32% in December
- Psychedelic Mini celebrates 50
- The electric Mini
- Our cars: hello Mini Clubman
- BMW cuts Mini production
- New Mini Convertible spied on video
- First drive: Electric Mini E
- Jobs go at Mini
- Mini diesel tops residual values chart
- Revealed: new Mini Convertible
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- Mini gets stamp of approval
Mini has cut a further 90 agency staff in response to falling car sales.
BMW, which owns and operates the factory in Oxford, originally said 290 agency staff would lose their jobs, but that figure has now risen to 380.
Mini has also said that fixed holidays are being brought in for 2009 and that the Friday late shift has been scrapped.
According to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Mini sales in the UK fell by more than 32% in December compared with the same month in 2007.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe