More details: Peugeot and Citroen 4x4s
- Pictures and details on French makers' first 4x4s
- On sale this summer from around £20,000
- Both based on Mitsubishi Outlander
- Changing times for Peugeot/Citroen
- Sand-surfing concept from Citroen
- C-Buggy: Face of Citroen's future
- Mitsubishi Outlander on sale next spring
- Citroen C4 Picasso - first details
- Video news: Readers rate C4 Picasso
- Wraps come off French 4x4s
- Citroen C4 Picasso priced
- All-new Mitsubishi Lancer revealed
- Video news: Mitsubishi first drives
- New Mitsubishi Outlander: more details
- C4 Picasso now seats five
- Detroit 2007: your guide to the show
- Two new special editions from Citroen
- Peugeot 107 and 207 Sport
Peugeot and Citroen have released more images and details of their forthcoming 4x4s, the 4007 and the C-Crosser.
Built on the same platform as the Mitsubishi Outlander, the pair go on sale this summer and is likely to cost from around £19,000.
Power comes from a 154bhp 2.2-litre diesel, which will be available in the Outlander towards the end of the year.
With nearly 20bhp more than the 138bhp engine that launches the Outlander range this March, the pair are faster than the Mitsubishi. A top speed of 122mph is 6mph up on the Outlander, while a 0-62mph time of 9.9sec is nearly 1.0sec swifter than the Mitsubishi.
Combined fuel consumption of 39.2mpg is almost on a par with the Outlander, which returns 40.9mpg, while emissions of 191g/km means they are in the 28% company car tax bracket.
A flexible four-wheel-drive system offers the choice of front-wheel drive and two 4x4 modes that send different amounts of power to the rear wheels when the front ones lose traction.
Standard equipment includes stability control, six airbags, climate control, alloy wheels and a CD player. A colour-screen satellite-navigation system with 30GB hard-drive music server, rear DVD entertainment system and a sunroof are found on the options list
The second row of seats can slide fore and aft by 80mm, and tumble forward at the pull of a handle to boost carrying capacity from 510 to 1686 litres. A third row of seats for occasional use is also standard.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe