Navigate your BMW with Google maps
- System sends route info from home to sat-nav
- Lets drivers plan journeys before they leave
- Available on all BMW models except Z4 and X3
- BMW seven-seater and City car images
- 600bhp BMW Z8 by 2010
- BMW's baby 4x4 exclusive
- BMW reveals four new cars
- BMW unveils 1 Series Convertible
- BMW M3: now the supercar is a saloon
- BMW cracks down on broker discounts
- BMW: no more discounts
- BMW 1 Series Convertible and M3 prices
- Premium car prices to soar by £2500?
BMW has teamed up with Google to make using its sat-nav systems easier.
All BMWs, except the Z4 and X3, fitted with Bluetooth telephone preparation and satellite navigation will be able to receive route information sent via a home computer prior to a journey.
As a result, owners will be able to log onto Google maps before they travel, plan their route, and then send the information to the car's sat-nav.
In addition, the in-car computer system will now be able to receive 10 different RSS news feeds from websites while on the road.
The system is called BMW ConnectDrive and will be available to all new BMW owners free of charge for three years.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe