Olympic champion Usain Bolt's dream car
- 100m, 200m and relay Olympic champion
- Drives on Monaco Grand Prix track
- Hires his dream car, the Ferrari F430 Spider
- What Car? TV: Buying a used Ferrari
- First drive: Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- Ferrari California: official pictures
- £5.4 million Ferrari
- Ferrari California – in blue!
- Schumacher California dreamin'
- Ferrari outing for new drivers
- UK drive: Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- Own a Ferrari California for £200
- Sales joy for Rolls-Royce and Ferrari
- New Ferrari revealed
- Save £1000s with the hottest car deals
Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt got to drive his dream car on the Monaco Grand Prix track this week – but despite being a multi-millionaire, he hired it for only an hour.
The 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay gold medal winner and world record holder took the wheel of a Ferrari F430 Spider ahead of the World Athletics Gala, where he was receiving the International Association of Athletics Federation's, Athlete of the Year award.
He took the car for a spin around the streets of Monte Carlo, including a section of the Principality's legendary Grand Prix circuit.
'It was good ... awesome! Hopefully in the future I can own a Ferrari,' said Bolt.
You'd imagine the Jamaican sprinter, who has multi-million pound endorsement deals, could just go out and buy a Ferarri, but it appears he's too thrifty for that.
His manager, Ricky Simms, told the Jamaica Gleaner newspaper: 'We hired this car. We paid a fee of 90 euros per hour. Anyone can do it. He always wanted to drive a Ferrari, because he loves cars.
What's more, it's fair to assume that, because the streets were open to other traffic Bolt didn't even manage to travel 100m along the track in his own world record time of 9.69sec.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe