Prices announced for new Toyota Avensis
- Prices start from £15,670
- Up to £24,570 for 175bhp turbodiesel
- New transmission available, too
- New Toyota Avensis revealed
- Toyota Hilux face-lifted
- Toyota begins plug-in hybrid trials
- More Toyota Avensis photos
- Toyota Avensis exclusive preview
- Honda and Toyota's reputation greenest
- Our cars update: Toyota Auris
- Reader Test Team meet the Toyota Avensis
- Toyota's iQ from £9495
- Photos of Prius leaked on internet
- Greenest Toyota Auris goes on sale
- Toyota iQ to follow Fiat and Mini?
- What Car? TV: Toyota iQ driven
Toyota has revealed prices for the new Avensis, which will arrive in UK showrooms on January 1.
The new Avensis starts at £15,670 for a 145bhp 1.8-litre saloon in base T2 trim, and rises to £24,570 for the 175bhp 2.2-litre turbodiesel version in T Spirit spec.
The estate is £980 more expensive than the saloon across the T2 spec, while a new CVT transmission, named Multitronic S, is available for petrol-engined cars. Multitronic S will also cost £980.
A conventional six-speed automatic gearbox will be available on diesel-engined models towards the end of 2009.
The saloon and estate version of the new Avensis will be available from launch.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe