Renault lifts lid on the Cup
- Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup costs £14,995
- Stripped-out interior for more performance
- All Clio Renaultsports now feature revised gearbox
- Extreme Renault Clio 197 set for UK
- Sportier Renault Clio 197 is here
- No recall from Renault on Clio bonnets
- Renault denies Clio bonnet faults
- Hot diesel Megane Renaultsport
- Whistle-blower calls for Clio recall
- Renault responds to whistle-blower claim
- Sharper Clio Renaultsport for £17,250
- A Twingo and a prayer
- Renault's zippy yet frugal Clio
- Quality 'on the up', says Renault
- First Clio estate revealed
- Clio bonnets: petition for recall review
Renault's Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup hot hatch is now on sale and costs from £14,995.
The Cup chassis, which was used for the limited-edition Clio Renaultsport 197 F1 Team R27, has a lower ride height to enhance cornering, and adjusted suspension to improve handling, steering and stability.
Features include red brake callipers, 17-inch alloy wheels and special Cup badges, but the car has been stripped of non-essential equipment in pursuit of extra performance.
That means you won't find cruise control, a speed limiter, electric door mirrors or a steering-wheel height and reach adjuster.
However, although air-conditioning and curtain airbags have been removed, they are available as options, priced at £525 and £200 respectively.
In addition, the entire Clio Renaultsport range now benefits from longer fifth and sixth gears, which provide better motorway economy and less engine noise.
The car is only available in three colours: blue, white and metallic grey.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe