Revealed: Mazda 3 MPS and stop-start
- Official pictures
- Full details at Geneva motor show
- Stop-start returns 12% mpg improvement
- Ford sells its stake in Mazda
- Official pictures: Mazda 3 saloon
- Revealed: Mazda 3 hatchback
- New Mazda 3: lighter, cleaner, sharper
- Driven: Mazda 6 2.2-litre diesels
- Used car buying guide: Mazda MX-5
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- Mazda's high-tech, low-cost catalyst
- Mazda 2 and 6 Tamura offers
- Mazda 3 to get stop-start
- Our cars: updates January '09
- New Mazda 3 driven
Here is the Mazda 3 MPS hot hatch that will be shown in the metal for the first time at next month's Geneva motor show.
Full details of the car's performance figures will also be announced at the show, although it is likely to be powered by a turbocharged 2.3-litre petrol engine. Power is tipped to be around 270bhp.
The new Mazda 3 MPS is expected to go on sale in June, costing from around £19,000.
Mazda will also demonstrate its new engine stop-start system in Geneva.
The Mazda 3 i-stop will be linked to the 2.0-litre petrol engine, giving a 12% improvement in fuel economy. That should mean average fuel economy of around 40mpg and CO2 emissions of about 165g/km.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe