Save £78,150 on Audi R8!
- Ground-breaking supercar for £45
- But it's only a model
- Fiat 500 pedal car for £100
- Battle royale: Audi R8 v Porsche 911
- Video news: Audi R8 and Q7 close-up
- Star cars of 2007 (Part I)
- Star cars of 2007 (Part III)
- Reborn after 50 years: the Fiat 500
- Young drivers and insurance - the facts
- Fiat 500: Chic and cheerful
- Fiat 500 - better than the Mini?
- You say: Fiat 500 more chic than Mini
- New smart website for Fiat
- Jump the Fiat 500 queues
- Fiat 500 Giardinetta may be back
- Cars for kids: choosing the right car
- Frankfurt motor show 2007
- £42k for Fiat 500
- Fiat 500 - yours from £7900
- Is Fiat 500 mania coming to the UK?
- iPod car adaptors won't work for iPhone
- Fiat 500 tops supermini poll
- Fiat 500 is European Car of the Year
- Fiat 500: the rush to buy starts now
If you're lusting over an Audi R8 this Christmas, you can jump the year-long waiting list and all but £45 of the cost – by buying a 1/18th scale model of the car.
You'll have to move fast, though, as the Audi-sanctioned zinc model is being limited to just 750 cars, which are available through Audi showrooms.
The £45 price tag represents a £78,150 saving on the real thing, albeit without matching the supercar's 0-62mph time of 4.6 seconds or top speed of 187mph.
Fiat 500 pedal car
If budget limitations mean you are eying a Fiat 500 rather than an Audi R8, you could still be facing a long waiting list.
But help is also at hand, as an enterprising company is selling Fiat 500 pedal cars.
The child's toy costs around £100 and is available only in Europe.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe