Subaru to showcase new diesels
- Forester and Impreza models at Paris motor show
- Forester on sale September, Impreza January '09
- Impreza World Rally Car also on display
- What Car? checklists
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- Subaru Forester: first official images
- What Car? TV: Detroit video
- Subaru launches first diesel engine
- First drive: Subaru's first diesel
- Service savings on your doorstep
- What Car? test: Child seats
- Subaru raises its prices
- JD Power customer satisfaction poll '08
- Company car tax rates
Subaru will display new diesel-powered Forester and Impreza models at the Paris motor show.
The acclaimed 2.0-litre boxer diesel is already on sale in the Legacy and Outback, but will be sold in the Forester and Impreza with a six-speed gearbox, improving fuel economy.
The Forester 2.0D X has 145bhp and 258 lb ft of pulling power, and averages 44.8 mpg with emissions of 167g/km of carbon dioxide. It is on sale from late September.
The Impreza has 148bhp and 258 lb ft of pulling power, and emits 152g/km of CO2. No fuel economy figure has been released. It will go on sale from January 2009.
Meanwhile, Subaru will also use the Paris motor show to display an Impreza WRX2008 World Rally Car replica plus the Subaru R1e and G4e electric cars.
The R1e is being trialled around Tokyo at present, while the G4e uses lithium-ion batteries and has a projected range of 130 miles between charges.
There will also be an original Subaru 360 minicar on show, highlighting Subaru's 50th anniversary.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe