The Lamborghini Gallardo police car
- 190mph, 552bhp supercar
- Given to police by Lamborghini
- Will be used for day-to-day police work
- What Car? checklists
- Leasing a car: the benefits and pitfalls
- Detroit motor show 2008
- What Car? TV: February 18
- Geneva motor show 2008
- First drive: Lambo Gallardo LP560-4
- £147,330 for Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe
- Lambo Reventon flown in by helicopter
- New Lamborghini pictured
- New Lambo: a limited-run Murcielago?
- New Lambo: another photo, more details
- What Car? TV: news round-up
- Lamborghini Estoque breaks cover
- Paris motor show
Now here's a police car with a difference – a Lamborghini Gallardo!
The 190mph, 552bhp supercar has been donated to the Italian State Police by Lamborghini. It replaces a pre face-lift Gallardo that the force was previously using, which had clocked up 87,000 mile sof service since 2004.
Needless to say, the lucky recipients are eager to make full use of their new car: it has been converted to carry all the equipment regularly found in police cars, including speed detection machinery.
In addition, the Gallardo is equipped with first aid equipment including a defibrillator, and it will also be used to transport plasma and human organs for transplant.
Bank robbers and potential speeders are advised that the Gallardo will be in active duty on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway in southern Italy.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe