Volkswagen Golf GTI prices released
- GTI costs from £22,410
- Order books are now open
- First deliveries on May 22
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- BMW and Volkswagen cut production
- Photo special: Car of the Year 2009
- Car makers limited to £250m per company
- VW creates new eco sub-brand
- VW unveils new Polo
- Geneva motor show 2009
- Best of the Geneva motor show 2009
- Schwarzenegger visits Geneva show
- Golf GTI: used car buying guide
- Star car: Volkswagen Polo
Volkswagen dealerships are now accepting orders for the Mk VI Golf GTI hot hatch, with the three-door manual version priced from £22,410.
Five-door models cost £585 more than the three-door, while these models fitted with the DSG semi-automatic gearbox are £1305 more than manual versions.
The new GTI is powered by a tweaked version of the 2.0-litre turbocharged engine from the Mk V GTI, making it quicker from 0 to 62mph, yet more economical than the model it replaces. It also emits less CO2.
Standard equipment includes dual-zone climate control, 17-inch alloy wheels, a flat-bottomed GTI steering wheel, red brake callipers, red and black tartan seats and GTI logos on the headrests.
Deliveries of the car start on May 22.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe