What Car? news round-up
- Vote in our Car of the Year Awards
- Detroit motor show preview
- Save £££s with our hot deals
- Audi TT adds S line trim
- Audi A3 Black Edition launched
- Diplomats avoid £1.5 million in fines
- Are you owed money by DC Cook Direct?
- Free servicing for Daihatsu Terios
- New roads force people from their homes
- Revealed: Bentley Continental GTC Speed
- Porsche Panamera to launch in China
- Council's crackdown on rude road names
- Deal of the Day: Ford Focus
- Gang steal then re-steal over 30 cars
- Suzuki delays planned Mondeo rival
- Pictured: UK-spec Honda Insight hybrid
- No extra cost for Jaguar's new diesel
- Jaguar: 'Judge us on our products'
- Drivers of foreign cars escaping fines
- What the papers say: January 7
- Shoddy garage work costs £4bn
- Best discounts ever as car sales slump
- Deal of the Day: Mazda RX-8
- Our cars: Jaguar XF engine conundrums
- Car sales fall: the figures in full
- Kia Soulster revealed
- More Mercedes-Benz E-Class pictures
- Dutch road charge experts visit UK
- New Mercedes E-Class revealed
- Car makers to resume bail-out talks
- Renault Twingo Freeway from £6995
- What the papers say: January 8
- Honda Insight hybrid: more details
- Hot Nissan GT-R Spec V revealed
- Mazda's high-tech, low-cost catalyst
- Deal of the Day: Volvo XC60
- Ronaldo crashes Ferrari 599
- Nissan cuts 1200 jobs in Sunderland
- What Car?'s Big Brother
- The beast – it's Obama's new Cadillac
- Boris fined for not paying C-Charge
- Volvo S80 gets a new diesel
- Citroen knocks 15% off prices
Forget Ulrika Jonsson or Lucy Pinder, there's only one vote that counts for car buyers – the Most Exciting Car of 2009 at the What Car? Car of the Year Awards. Vote now!
Detroit motor show
The Detroit motor show kick-starts 2009's new car launch season next week, and early details of some of the cars are starting to leak through. Read more here:
Honda Insight hybrid: more details
Pictured: UK-spec Honda Insight hybrid
Kia Soulster revealed
More Mercedes E-Class pictures
Don't forget to log in from Sunday night to catch all the exciting Detroit motor show news!
Now might be the best time to buy a car, because struggling car manufacturers are offering bigger discounts than ever.
Read more here: Best discounts ever as car sales slump.
We've also been picking some of the best deals each day:
Deal of the Day: Volvo XC60.
Deal of the Day: Mazda RX-8.
Deal of the Day: Ford Focus.
Credit crunch news
It's official: car sales fell by 11.3% last year. Find out who fared best and worst by clicking Car sales fall: the figures in full.
Nissan has announced it is to cut about a quarter of the workforce at its Sunderland plant. More at Nissan cuts 1200 jobs in Sunderland.
Talks between car industry chiefs and the Government are set to resume, against a back-drop of plunging sales. Car makers to resume bail-out talks.
Jaguar boss Mike O'Driscoll has said the public must judge it by its products, not by the fact it is seemingly struggling as it is seeking a Government loan. Jaguar: 'Judge us on our products' .
New car news
The first Nissan GT-R supercars are still a few months away from arriving in the UK, but a hotter version of the car has already been revealed. Hot Nissan GT-R Spec V revealed.
Take a look at the new Bentley GTC Convertible Speed that will be introduced alongside the face-lifted standard model. Revealed: Bentley Continental GTC Speed.
Jaguar XFs powered by the new 237bhp 3.0-litre diesel engine will not cost any more than the outgoing models - despite being more powerful and cheaper to run. No extra cost for Jaguar's new diesel.
Renault has launched a new entry-level Twingo called the Freeway. Renault Twingo Freeway from £6995.
You can have it in any colour so long as it's… black, white, red or silver! Read about the Audi A3 Black Edition.
The Audi TT is now available in a new line trim. All the details are at Audi TT adds S line trim.
Mazda has created a new, low-cost catalytic converter that will be fitted to its new Mazda 3 hatchback and saloon later this year. Mazda's high-tech, low-cost catalyst.
The Suzuki Kizashi family car - a possible Ford Mondeo rival scheduled for 2010 - has been postponed due to the current economic downturn. Suzuki delays planned Mondeo rival.
The much-anticipated Porsche Panamera will make its public appearance at the Shanghai motor show in April. Porsche Panamera to launch in China.
Shoddy garage work could be costing drivers £4 billion a year, according to Consumer Minister Gareth Thomas. Read more at Shoddy garage work costs £4bn.
A council has agreed guidelines to avoid rude road names. To read more and have a snigger at some examples, click Council's crackdown on rude road names.
The Highways Agency has been accused of forcing thousands of people out of their homes for no reason. Find out more by clicking New roads force people from their homes.
Drivers of foreign-registered cars committed 8880 speeding offences between 2007/08 – but only four drivers were prosecuted. Find out why at Drivers of foreign cars escaping fines.
Foreign diplomats are also getting away with offences. Read about the worst offenders at Diplomats avoid £1.5 million in fines.
Five car thieves have been sentenced to a total of eight years in prison for stealing, selling, re-stealing and then re-selling more than 30 cars. Gang steal then re-steal over 30 cars.
President Obama is to ride in a car called The Beast. Find out why at The beast – it's Obama's new Cadillac.
London Mayor Boris Johnson has been fined £60 after forgetting to pay the London Congestion Charge. Read more at Boris fined for not paying C-Charge.
Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has written-off his Ferrari 599 supercar in a car crash near Manchester Airport. Read the details at Ronaldo crashes Ferrari 599.
Dutch officials behind Holland's proposed pay-as-you-go road-pricing scheme have been invited to meet Britain's Parliamentary Transport Committee. Read the details at Dutch road charge experts visit UK.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe