What Car? news week
- Detroit motor show highlights
- Car makers still struggling for sales
- Peugeot 3008 revealed
- Detroit motor show 2009
- Government support for car industry
- Detroit motor show on Whatcar.com
- Jaguar revamps its V8 range
- Jaguar overhauls XF and XK ranges
- Revealed: Kia Soulster
- Detroit motor show on video
- Hybrid goal for Mercedes
- Ford's electric and hybrid future
- Detroit motor show news briefs
- Revealed: new Toyota Prius
- What Car? TV: Million pound podcast
- Detoit motor show: hits
- Detroit motor show: misses
- Jaguar XFR sets speed record
- Detroit: survival of the fittest
- Inchcape in talks with bankers
- Mini gets stamp of approval
- Sat-nav causes over £10 million damage
- Ford's economy drive
- Vauxhall workers return
- Aldi offers an Audi
- 450 jobs go at Jaguar Land Rover
- Union leaders call for urgent state aid
- Detroit motor show: hits and misses
- Government loans for car buyers
- Barack Obama's Cadillac 'Beast'
- Kia Cee'd buyers wait for stop-start
- Electric car maker rescued
- Geoff Hoon reveals road widening plans
- Mini cuts 90 more workers
- Honda extends Swindon shutdown
- Mazda 2 and 6 Tamura offers
- Driven: Porsche 911 C4S PDK
- What Car? TV: Detroit show in one go
The biggest news has come from the Detroit motor show this week, with new cars being unveiled and concept cars taking to the stage.
To see highlights, including the Audi Sportback concept, Jaguar XFR and XKR, Mercedes and VW Bluesport, click Detroit motor show 2009
Detroit motor show on video
Detroit motor show on video
Detroit motor show hits and misses
Detroit motor show: hits and misses
Detroit motor show news round-up
Detroit: survival of the fittest
Jaguar XFR sets speed record
Revealed: new Toyota Prius
Jaguar revamps its V8 range
Jaguar overhauls XF and XK ranges
Ford's electric and hybrid future
Hybrid goal for Mercedes
New Mercedes E-Class revealed
Revealed: Kia Soulster
Detroit motor show news briefs
What Car? TV
What Car? TV: Million pound podcast
Alfa Romeo Mito
Driven: Porsche 911 C4S PDK
Car industry in crisis
Honda will halt production at its plant in Swindon for April and May due to a collapse in global sales. That takes the plant's shutdown to four months in total. Honda extends Swindon shutdown.
Jaguar Land Rover has announced it is cutting 450 jobs. 450 jobs go at Jaguar Land Rover.
Mini has cut a further 90 agency staff in response to falling car sales. Mini cuts 90 more workers.
Around 2000 workers are returning to the production line at Vauxhall's factory in Cheshire after a month-long shutdown over the Christmas period. Vauxhall workers return.
People buying new cars could get loans financed by the taxpayer. Government loans for car buyers.
A union is calling for urgent Government intervention after more jobs are cut in the UK car industry. Union leaders call for urgent state aid.
Shares in car dealer Inchcape fell as news emerged that the multinational company was in talks to raise more capital to bolster its finances. Read more at Inchcape in talks with bankers.
To see the Peugeot 3008; a rival for the hugely successful Nissan Qashqai, click Revealed: Peugeot 3008.
UK-based Kia 'd buyers won't be able to take advantage of new engine stop-start fuel-saving technology until late 2009 at the earliest. Kia Cee'd buyers wait for stop-start.
Up to £6 billion will be spent on improving road capacity, Transport Secretary Geoff Hoon has announced. Geoff Hoon reveals road widening plans.
Click to see 'The Beast', Barack Obama's all-new Cadillac presidential limousine: Barack Obama's Cadillac 'Beast'.
Electric vehicle manufacturer Aixam Mega has bought the rival Nice Car Company, which went into administration in November. Electric car maker rescued.
Job-seeking graduates will get an extra incentive to join discount chain Aldi – a new Audi. Aldi offers an Audi.
Satellite-navigation devices fitted to heavy goods vehicles are responsible for millions of pounds worth of damage to property and road architecture. Sat-nav causes over £10 million damage.
The Royal Mail has hailed the Mini as one of the 20th century's most iconic British designs. Read more at Mini gets stamp of approval.
Spend £10 on economy driving lessons at Ford dealerships around the country and you could save hundreds of pounds in fuel bills, every year. Ford's economy drive.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe