I bought this car new and have had it for two months and so far so good. The car is solid, the suspension stiff (and exciting) and so far no rattles. Despite the dealership's assurance I would get 60mpg, I am struggling to get 40 and that's driving at 70mph on the motorway. However, that said for a diesel 1.6, this is quite a gutsy car, throw in the Alfa DNA and it's also fun to drive. The leather seats are comfortable and of a good quality and being a Sportiva model there are some other nice touches as well, such as the sport kick plates, alloy pedals and red brake calipers. One annoying aspect is the Alfa Blue and Me SATNAV which is in general quite clever, displaying the TomTom directions on the Alfa's dash and linking with the phone. However, the miles are displayed in KM, despite the dash repeat saying it is miles. Trying to resolve this via Alfa is quite painful and neither head office or the dealership are pro-active in trying to address the issue. Although, despite the odd flaw, the car looks good and brings a smile to my face every time I get in and drive it.

John Rostron, Lancashire, December 7th 2013

JTDM-2 Sportiva 5dr

Ive had this car now for a little over a year its just covered 67k the Good points is it still looks good and is a good drive and the DNA button helps However its on its second clutch and no ive never had to replace one before all the rear wiring has failed so no heated screen rear wiper boot and back doors wont lock. The wipers only work if you hold the switch up you cant have both head lights on at the same time and the rattles are alarming. The boot fills with water when it rains.The fact it drinks Diesel might be something to do with my heavy right foot. The dealership is well less than useless sent it back fully repaired last week but however it had more faults. I am so pleased its a company car would I ever buy one no would I have one as a company car yes

Paul Carter, November 11th 2013

JTDM-2 Turismo 5dr

I bought my 1.6 diesel Collezione 2 months ago. So far no issues at all. Excellent economy. With DNA activated the 1.6 Diesel engine gives you all the acceleration you will need (certainly feels quicker than its official 0-60 time). I will provide an update after a few more months of ownership.

Nick Hammond, Staffordshire, August 3rd 2013

JTDM-2 Turismo 5dr

I'd had my fill of driving the same old choices of Golf, A3, 1 Series so I went off piste decided to run an Alfa. I've had the car 14 months now and cover 40,000 miles in it. It's never let me down, nothing has fallen off or rattles and I never tire off looking at it. The only downsides have been that the drivers seat grows uncomfortable for me after a couple of hours on the motorway. Also it's not as quiet as the newly released competition and the stereo is not as good as the ones that were in my previous 1 Series and A3. If Alfa make the interior more premium when the car is face lifted in 2014 I would consider another one.

Jonathon Duffy, November 25th 2012

JTDM-2 Lusso 5dr

I've owned a 2.0 JTDM 170 Veloce for a few months now and covered around 4000 miles. Coming from an Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDM Ti Sportwagon, I realise I was spoiled with my previous car somewhat. The Giulietta looks good (mine is the less common shade of Profundo blue, though think it looks best in white or red) especially with the subtle Veloce spec body kit...but I bet it would ride better on the 16" alloys instead of the 17" mine has...but even then, probably not as good as the 159 Ti on it's 19" wheels. Yes, the 159 ride comfort and handling were better with the 159. The driving position is OK, but I'd hardly call it perfect by any means and the seats are a little hard, flat and unsupportive, - again, no comparison with those in a 159 Ti where I could (and did on one occasion) drive 1000 miles in a single day with no problems. Economy-wise (one of the main reasons for swapping), I was initially disappointed as despite the manufacturer claim of 60mpg, we were getting an average of 40mpg...and I was getting an average 36mpg from the 2.4 159, but admittedly that was based on my wife's 2.5 mile to work and 2.5 mile back daily commute...and during winter months. As soon as we went on any kind of proper driving and now that the temperatures have gone up, it's averaging a more than reasonable 50mpg average...and that includes city, country and steady 75mph motorway cruising. The 'What Car?' 3 star rating is about right in my opinion. Overall, it's a good car, but not a grea

Simon Whitten, April 13th 2012

JTDM-2 Veloce 5dr

I have done about 4500 miles since taking delivery of my 1.4 Multiair. I normally use Normal mode since I find it gives quite adequate performance for most things and is a joy to drive; Dynamic mode (AKA β€œscalded cat”) mode is great for fun and if you need to make best use of an overtaking opportunity. My journeys are mainly short with occasional long runs and I have averaged about 37 mpg. The car looks good in Alfa red and is comfortable on long journeys. A steep Dorset hill proved to be too much for the clutch at 2000 miles and was fixed under warranty with no quibbles.

Jim Ayres, Dorset, June 26th 2011

TB Turismo 5dr

The Gulietta 1750 Clover leaf is a special car. The look of the car gets better and better the more you see it. I've now completed 4000 miles and I feel i am qualified to talk about it some more. There are some small issues with the build quality (a few rattles inside the cabin and brakes that squeek when the car comes to a stand still) but overall the car has been surprisingly in all other aspects excellent, this car is so under stated in my opinion, it handles like its on rails, the power delivery throught the front wheels (when DNA is activated) is brilliant. One other thing that wasn't to me liking is the car sounded like a normal run of the mill car, We have developed a sports exhaust for the car and now its sounds just as it looks, superb. Just buy this car, you won't look back.

roy cotterill, west midlands, May 5th 2011

TB Turismo 5dr

It depresses me to say that I think I have made the wrong choice. Moved from A4 S-Line to highly specced 2.0JTD Veloce; perhaps my expectations too high. So far i have waited 2 months for repair to headlamp washers, xenon lights not that bright, integrated sat-nav only recognises 70% of locations (inlcuding not being able to find dealership - an irony lost on the service department), door rattles, fuel cap will not open unless I prize with a key and fuel economy is 10mpg worse than quoted even when driven on A14 at constant 60mph, the brake discs rust in 24 hrs and I am not sure the rear door panels fit that well at the bottom corner. On a positive note it still looks cool, drives extremely well in D mode (really sluggish in Normal) but for Β£28k it is dissapointing - I have covered 9k miles in 3 months so only another 18 months to change-over. I so wanted this car to be good - perhaps I expected too much and should be grateful that even with the odd rattle it is still a rare sight in the carpark. My partner has a Mito which has been excellent so I am not anti-Alfa, quite the opposite.

Sean Stringer, March 6th 2011