Excellent build quality and great driving position. Have now done 11,000 miles and it is comfortable. Seats on the firm side - suits me but maybe not to everyone's taste. For an SUV the fuel economy is reasonable. Salesman described it as a bit of a "Tardis" looking small from outside but roomy inside. This turned out to be true except for the boot. I use it mainly for myself but if you were choosing it as a family car with children the boot is definitely on the small side. Cabin is very well put together. We specified sun roof and leather seats which really gives it a sense of style. Xenon light package was expensive and did not include adaptive system (moving left and right) and is not noticeably different from standard lights. 2.0 diesel engine is perfectly adequate and manual gearbox is smooth. Happy to dispense with four wheel drive and automatic in exchange for better fuel economy. Previously had a BMW 118 d which was good but this is definitely a step up. Prior to buying it we tested BMW X1 and Mercedes GLA. What Car's verdict on those two () compared to Audi (*) seems right. Overall a very good package and would recommend it to others.

Nicholas Wigdahl, Cambs, March 8th 2015

TDI SE 5dr

took delivery of the car in late November and have been really impressed how easy the car is drive, both around town and on long journeys. Have done 6 200 mile plus runs and it is effortless, relaxing driving. you lose some boot space taking the Sat Nav hard drive option but the underfloor storage space is useful.Had adults and a child on one journey and the middle rear seat is not the most comfortable. overall a really good car to own and would fully recommend.

John Knight, Kent, April 6th 2013

TDI SE 5dr

I provided a review for my Q3 sometime ago but after owning the car for almost 12 months I feel it would be worthwhile updating my views. I find it a great car to run and own and my fuel consumption is considerably more than that shown in your 'true mpg'. On average I am getting around 50 mpg and this includes mostly rural driving within the national speed limits, including regular use of the A55 two lane motorway in North Wales and the M56 to Manchester. The car rides extremely well and the manual gear box is now a dream. It is powerful enough for my own use and I am glad I did not purchase a Q3 with four wheel drive. I play golf regularly and my only complaint relates to the way the rear seats adjust to accommodate my clubs for they do not lie flat enough and it is a bit of a chore. It really is a great family car.

Roger Williams, Conwy, January 22nd 2013