R - Roll-over bar

05 June 2006

Roll-over bar - A strong piece of metal, in tandem with strengthened windscreen frames, designed to protect the occupants of a convertible in the event of it rolling over. Often hidden away until needed, when it deploys in a split second. Can take the form of hoops over each seat, such as in the Audi TT Roadster.


Want to know the difference between your APRs and your PCPs? Our Glossary will guide you through the minefield of car-buying terms.

Haymarket Logo What Car? is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media
What Car? is part of Haymarket Motoring
© Haymarket Media Group 2016