An insurance company has revealed what it considers to be the most amusing insurance claims of last year.
Topping the list issued by motorinsurance.co.uk was a claim for a new armrest, gear lever, front seats including the headrests, and an ash tray - because the owner's two dogs had eaten them.
Other oddball claims ranged from being unfortunate, badly worded and downright fanciful.
Among the funniest were:
• 'The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind.'
• 'I was coming to a slow stop on my drive, when the car suddenly bolted forward and crashed through my garage door.'
• 'Unwittingly, my car's turbo kicked in and drove into a pole, luckily no other vehicles were involved and there was no damage to the pole.'
• 'My car was stationary at the set of traffic lights, when a strong gust of wind pushed my car forward into the flow of traffic.'
• 'I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.'
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe