Insect removers reviewed - 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
Type: Nylon-mesh-wrapped sponge
For: Effective and cheap
Against:Requires some effort
This nylon-wrapped sponge worked well, but with just water added it needed a bit of effort to remove the insects. The mesh provided just the right amount of abrasion without scratching. Ideally this sponge should be used in combination with a spray product.
Cheap and widely available.
Ease of Use:
Straightforward and relatively quick. Machine washable.
It's safe to use on all car finishes and effective in dealing with a wide range of surface deposits.
- Top 12 products rated
- 1. CarPlan Bug Blitz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 2. Car Plan Bug Blitz
- 3. Simoniz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 4. Simoniz Bug Shifter
- 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
- 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
- 7. Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover
- 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
- 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
- 10. Armorall Bug and Tar Wipes
- 11. Comma Glass Cleaner
- 12. Autoglym Active Insect