Insect removers reviewed - 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
Type: Sponge with one abrasive side
For: Quite good, cheap
Against:Not as effective as other pads
The rough side of the sponge looked like it would scratch paintwork, but fortunately it didn't. It did, however, cut through dried-on insects with only water. Does not buff to a shine without a spray and would be better used with a liquid remover for an effective cleaning combination.
Cheapest product on test, but not widely available.
Ease of Use:
Straightforward and relatively quick even, without a spray.
Safe to use on all finishes and in dealing with a range of surface deposits.
Featured in this story
- Top 12 products rated
- 1. CarPlan Bug Blitz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 2. Car Plan Bug Blitz
- 3. Simoniz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 4. Simoniz Bug Shifter
- 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
- 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
- 7. Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover
- 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
- 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
- 10. Armorall Bug and Tar Wipes
- 11. Comma Glass Cleaner
- 12. Autoglym Active Insect