Insect removers reviewed - 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
For: Effective and cheap for this type of remover
Against:Not good for quick touch-up work
Like the two Turtlewax products on test, the Halfords remover is more like a polish. Halfords’ fluid is the cheaper of the three and worked well once it had been left to act for a minute.
Cheaper than both Turtlewax removers.
Ease of Use:
Residue needs to be washed off, which makes the process more involved – fine if you were planning to wash your car anyway, but not for a quick clean up.
Can be used to remove a wide range of contaminants from glass and painted surfaces, but not rough, unpainted plastics.
- Top 12 products rated
- 1. CarPlan Bug Blitz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 2. Car Plan Bug Blitz
- 3. Simoniz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 4. Simoniz Bug Shifter
- 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
- 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
- 7. Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover
- 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
- 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
- 10. Armorall Bug and Tar Wipes
- 11. Comma Glass Cleaner
- 12. Autoglym Active Insect