British Motor Show - Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
The £117,500 Continental Flying Spur has been subtly tweaked this year, featuring better sound-proofing and more aggressive styling. It is powered by a 552bhp 6.0-litre engine.
The 600bhp, £133,300 Flying Spur Speed offers greater performance, travelling from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds and reaching a top speed of 200mph.
Styling features to emphasise the car's sporting credentials include a dark-tinted radiator and air intake grilles, wider tailpipes and 20-inch alloy wheels.
Both cars can be specified with a new system called Bentley Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Using a long-range radar system, it detects a slower vehicle ahead and maintains a pre-set time gap to it.
The length of the time gap selected by the driver also sets the car's driving style. The longer the gap, the more relaxed the acceleration and braking becomes.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia