British Motor Show - Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
We first saw this concept convertible at the Detroit motor show last year, and the good news is that both a drop-top and coupe version should be on sale here next year.
Under that sculpted bonnet, you can expect a 6.0-litre V8 that should be good for 0-60mph in around four seconds.
The rear-wheel-drive car should arrive here in coupe form first, with the convertible arriving a few months later. It's likely that it'll cost around £30,000.
Beat goes on
The other concept car on show is the Beat. Like the Camaro, a production version is expected to go on sale in the UK - probably in 2010.
The three-door city car was one of three concept cars that the company showed off at the New York motor show in April last year.
Parent company GM launched an online poll to find out what the voting public thought of the three cars - Beat, Groove and Trax - and, according to the company, Beat came out on top.
It is powered by a turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol engine linked to an automatic gearbox.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia