British Motor Show - Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
We first saw the quirky C-Cactus at the Frankfurt motor show last year, but this is the first time the car has reached these shores.
The weight - and consequently price - of the C-Cactus has been kept down by using only half the components typically used in a car.
That has led to many parts having multiple functions: the ignition key, for instance, is also an MP3 player, while the dashboard has been replaced by a central console that controls functions such as the loudspeakers, gearbox controls and navigation system.
In addition, many parts - including the windscreen, windows, door panels and tyres - are made from recycled or recyclable materials.
Elsewhere on the stand are relatively new additions to the Citroen range that you may not have seen in the metal yet, such as the new Berlingo Multispace and the not-quite-so-new C5 and C6.
There's also a surf-themed C-Crosser, but the less said about that the better.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia