The Tokyo motor show - Daihatsu basket and Deca Deca
The basket is a four-seater with a removalable hard-top roof that covers the front seats and a canvas top over the rear seats. It also has an open 'rear deck' storage area behind the back seats.
The Deca Deca has a low, flat floor and pillarless side-by-side doors that make for extremely easy access.
The company is also showing every model it sells in Japan. However, few of these cars will make it to the UK, because the country's importer of Daihatsus isn't importing new cars due to poor exchange rates between the pound and the yen.
- Daihatsu basket and Deca Deca
- Honda Civic Type R Mugen
- Honda Skydeck concept car
- Lotus Exige Stealth/Scura
- Mazda's Sky engines and gearbox
- Mitsubishi hybrid is go for 2013
- News in brief
- Nissan Land Glider
- Nissan Leaf
- Subaru plans to join hybrid society
- Suzuki Swift and SX4 eco concepts
- Toyota and Lexus supply the excitement
- Video report: watch it here