British Motor Show - Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
The new Fiesta, which will go on sale in Sepptember, will cost from £8695 - £155 less than the outgoing car.
Ford Fiesta Econetic
Although the Focus RS is green in colour, it's hardly green in nature.
Step up, then, to the Fiesta Econetic, which is ensuring that Ford's environmental credentials are promoted just as strongly.
The car, part of the new Fiesta range, will be powered by a 1.6-litre diesel engine and emit 98g/km of carbon dioxide, putting it in VED road tax band A, for which there is no charge. It averages 76.3mpg.
The low-emission engine will be combined with low-rolling-resistance tyres, low-friction transmission fluid, lower gear ratios and some aerodynamic tweaks to reduce emissions.
The Econetic will cost from £11,845.
Fiesta Zetec S
If lean and mean is more your style than lean and green, you can take a look at the first of Ford's sporty Fiestas on show in London.
Expect a Fiesta ST in due course, but in the meantime, the warm-rather-than-hot Zetec S is fitted with a new 118bhp 1.6-petrol engine.
It can power the Fiesta from zero to 60 mph in under 10 seconds, and the car can achieve 47.9 miles per gallon while emitting 139g/km of CO2.
Prices start from £12,595.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia