British Motor Show - Honda's eco push and action arena
Honda has brought a low-emission, lightweight sports car concept to the British Motor Show.
The two-seat roadster is called the Honda OSM (Open Study Model), and although Honda says there are no plans for it to enter production, it concedes that it will use the show to gather feedback from customers to guide any future developments.
At present, no technical details about the car have been revealed, although it's clear that the car has been aerodynamically sculpted to minimise wind resistance and lower fuel consumption.
Other Honda show cars
Also on show is the FCX Clarity, Honda's hydrogen fuel cell production car, which is about to go on trial in California.
The CR-Z, Honda's lightweight hybrid sports car, is also making its UK show debut.
The low-emission coupe will go into production, although there's no word on when it'll be released in the UK.
Honda has also taken over the Live Action Arena at ExCel, renaming it 'Dreamscape' for the duration of the British Motor Show.
This arena is hosting performances that tell the story of Honda, using cars, motorcycles, dancers and robots.
Forty products from Honda's history are on view, including ASIMO, Honda's advanced humanoid robot.
Each performance lasts 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes viewing time, where visitors can get close to the stars of the show.
There will be at least four shows each day in the 2500-seater arena, with seats costing £5 a person - but get there early, because seats will fill up fast.
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia