British Motor Show - Hummer's 'small' car
Sales have plummeted by 60% in the company's back yard in the USA in the face of the growing economic crisis, and some are predicting the company's downfall.
Don't despair just yet, though - instead get on down to Hummer's stand and marvel at the HX concept car and H3 and H2 production models.
It's not exactly minuscule, but the HX is Hummer's smallest-ever vehicle, and it's scheduled to go on sale as the H4 in 2009 or 2010.
However, the production version is unlikely to feature the more outlandish aspects of the concept car, such as the removable roof panels and bumpers.
Power comes from an E85 biofuel-compatible 3.6-litre V6 unit that drives though a six-speed automatic gearbox and four-wheel-drive system.
The HX's short wheelbase is said to give it impressive off-road ability, with company officials saying it can climb a 60% gradient.
The H2 and H3 are from the classic Hummer mould, which means they're big, brash and have fuel economy figures to make your local petrol station manager put in an emergency order for an extra delivery.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia