British Motor Show - Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
We'll start with the Genesis Coupe, because its future in Britain could be decided by public reaction to it at the show.
'If the reaction is positive, it will play a major part in whether we sell the car in the UK,' said a spokesman.
The car, a front-engined, rear-wheel-drive machine, is described by Hyundai as 'the most affordable 300bhp sports coupe on the planet'.
The range-topping version is expected to be powered by a 3.8-litre 306bhp V6, although the range's 212bhp 2.0-litre turbo engine is more likely to appeal to UK buyers.
The ice cream van won't be going on sale any time soon, sadly – it’s only been produced to highlight the fact that the i10 was the first car to offer air-con as standard.
It’s joined on the stand by another mad creation – an i10 that has been split down the middle and hinged. The purpose of all this? To highlight Hyundai’s commitment to offering iPod connectivity,
Already on sale, though, are the stand's other cars: the i800 eight-seater MPV, the low-emission i30 small family car, and the 1.2-litre i10 supermini.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia