British Motor Show - IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
Whereas his World Rally championship creations were built for speed and not comfort, he is promising that the Aspid offers the best of both worlds, making it as practical in the city as it is on the open track.
Power comes from a 2.0-litre engine with 270bhp or, in supercharged form, 400bhp. Weighing just 700kg, the car is capable of 0-62mph in 2.8 seconds and 100mph in 5.9 seconds.
A touch-screen display allows the driver to programme the Aspid's set-up for different road and track conditions.
Prices will start from £75,000, although a long list of options can almost double the price. The show model is for preview purposes only, with the first production models ready later this year.
IFR aims to build a car a week, with a six-month waiting time for each one, and says that it has already taken advance orders.
Featured in this story
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia