What Car? test: Child seats - Introduction
But picking out the right child seat is anything but child's play.
It's vital that you choose the right seat and use it correctly to make sure that the children you're driving around are as safe as possible.
We're putting some of the best-known seats to the test to see which is best, and take you through the dos and don'ts of child seats.
Before you buy, make sure you read What Car?'s ten rules of child seat buying on the next page.
What Car? Winners
Best overall Britax Cosy Tot Premium
Best money no object Mamas and Papas Primo Viaggio
Best mid-price Britax Cosy Tot Premium
Best budget Britax Rock-a-tot Plus Si
What Car? ranking
1 Britax Cosy Tot Premium
2 Mamas and Papas Primo Viaggio
3 Recaro Young Profi Plus
4 Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix
5 Graco Logico S
6 Bebe Confort Streety
7 Bebe Confort Creatis.fix
8 Britax Rock-a-tot Plus Si
9 Mamas and Papas Pro-Sleep
10 Red Castle Sport
- The ten commandments
- 1st Britax Cosy Tot Premium £94.99
- 2nd Mamas and Papas Primo Viaggio £110
- 3rd Recaro Young Profi Plus £94.50
- 4th Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix £105
- 5th Graco Logico S £89.99
- 6th Bebe Confort Streety £250
- 7th Bebe Confort Creatis.fix £99.99
- 8th Britax Rock-a-tot Plus Si £69.99
- 9th Mamas and Papas Pro-Sleep £130
- 10th Red Castle Sport £149.99