British Motor Show - Lightning Car Company
Lightning says the car has the equivalent of 700bhp, a 0-60mph time of four seconds, and a restricted top speed of 130mph.
The GT has motors in each of its wheels - effectively making it four-wheel drive - and a regenerative braking system to help recharge the batteries.
Weight-saving technologies include the use of a spaceframe chassis and carbonfibre, and Kevlar body panels. Features include traction control and a home charging system.
Most intriguingly, it also has a built-in, programmable engine noise sound system to let other drivers or pedestrians hear you coming.
Lightning hasn't yet confirmed final specifications or pricing, although a price tag of around £150,000 is expected.
However, the company says that it will only push ahead with production once a finance partner is signed up, and although reservations are being taken, cars won't be built until 2010.
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia