McLaren MP4-12C: the story so far - McLaren MP4-12C launched March 2010
The MP4-12C – a mid-engined, scissor-door two-seat rival for the Ferrari 458 Italia and Lamborghini Gallardo – will take advantage of the experience and techniques McLaren has acquired in 44 years of Grand Prix racing.
Limited production will begin in the same facility used to engineer and make the team's Formula One cars. Production will then shift to a new purpose-built factory on the McLaren site at Woking, Surrey, in 2011. The order book will open in two to three months.
McLaren says the car will set 'new standards of performance, efficiency, comfort, safety and innovation' and be sold through 'a global network of the world's best retailers offering an unsurpassed ownership experience'. A new company, McLaren Automotive, has been set up to engineer, make and sell the car.
Featured in this story
- Introduction: McLaren to take on Ferrari
- McLaren MP4-12C revealed Sept 09
- Dennis reveals McLaren ambitions Dec 09
- McLaren MP4-12C test video April 2009
- McLaren MP4-12C launched March 2010
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The car
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The company
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The sales plan
- Reader test team rates McLaren Sept 2010
- McLaren MP4-12C to cost £168,500 Nov 10
- McLaren MP4-12C performance stats Feb 11
- The drive