McLaren MP4-12C: the story so far - McLaren MP4-12C performance stats Feb 11
The headline stats are:
Top speed: 205mph
0-62mph: 3.3 seconds
CO2 emissions: 279g/km
Average mpg: 24.2mpg
The car will go on sale in the spring for £168,500 and will be available through three dealerships in the UK – Jardine Motor Group in London, Rybrook Motor Holdings in Birmingham and Sytner Group in Manchester.
The car is powered by a new 592bhp 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 engine mated to a dual-clutch seven-speed gearbox.
The gearbox has three settings – Normal, Sport and Track modes – which, says McLaren, provides progressively quicker gear changes.
Gearshifts are made by finger-tip controls mounted on a rocker behind the steering wheel. The driver changes up by either pulling with the right hand of pushing with the left, and vice-versa to downshift.
McLaren says it has built a new suspension system for the MP4-12C, claiming it can deliver 'executive car-like' ride quality with the sharp-handling expected of a performance car. Like the transmission, the suspension also has Normal, Sport and Track modes, which alter the damping and the stability control settings.
- Introduction: McLaren to take on Ferrari
- McLaren MP4-12C revealed Sept 09
- Dennis reveals McLaren ambitions Dec 09
- McLaren MP4-12C test video April 2009
- McLaren MP4-12C launched March 2010
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The car
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The company
- McLaren MP4-12C launched: The sales plan
- Reader test team rates McLaren Sept 2010
- McLaren MP4-12C to cost £168,500 Nov 10
- McLaren MP4-12C performance stats Feb 11
- The drive