Los Angeles motor show - Porsche Cayman R
The Cayman R was described by Porsche CEO Matthias Muller as ‘the most dynamic mid-engined Porsche ever’. It remains true to the ethos of the first Porsche of 1938: light, aerodynamic and with its engine ahead of the rear axle.
Compared with the Cayman S, it has been stripped of 121lb of weight, lowered by 20mm and given an extra 10bhp – now 330. Mueller says it is both quicker and more responsive than the Cayman S.
It will be a regular production model rather than a limited-run special, and goes on sale in the UK in February costing £51,731.
Steve Fowler's video verdict
What Car? Editor-in-chief gives his verdict from the LA show...
Featured in this story
- Honda Fit EV
- Jaguar C-X75 live video launch
- Kia Optima hybrid
- Range Rover Evoque 5-door live
- Range Rover Evoque on video
- Mercedes-Benz at the LA show
- Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet
- Porsche Cayman R
- Porsche Cayman R on video
- Saab 9-4X
- Saab 9-4X on video
- Subaru Impreza concept car
- Toyota RAV4 EV
- Volkswagen Concept Bluesport
- Volkswagen Eos
- Videos from LA